Master's Degree in Communication and Education online (English)
The master's degree in Communication and Education (online) taught by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona aims at promoting the debate, critical and analytical focus and curiosity with respect to issues in communication and education. The master's degree combines the development of projects with the evaluation of and adaptation to the specific circumstances of their application.
The master's training aims are:
- To offer a basic knowledge in Communication and Education (authors, theories, trends).
- To show the main current theories of Education.
- To train in the main current theories of Communication.
- To provide a theoretical basis of Media Education.
- To comprehend the current trends in the theoretical basis of critical reading.
- To train in the concept of media and digital literacy.
- To recognize the extensive array of existing educational media: radio, TV, press, multimedia digital formats and the Internet.
- To identify existing formats and trends in the industry of educational media (case study).
- To appreciate ICT possibilities applied to education.
- To teach a general project management methodology.
- To explain the multi-stage creation process of an educational audiovisual production.
- To facilitate the knowledge of the stages of an educational radio production.
- To show the stages of an educational multimedia product.
Graduates in communication studies or education studies, multimedia engineers, journalists, designers, social communicators, or all those with an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another EHEA country that gives access in that country to master's degree studies. Bilingual knowledge of English is required.
Communication offices, teaching at different educational stages, research, etc.